Friday, May 24, 2013

Memorial Day Remembrance: Lost names but not forgotten


Nelson William Stearns

Nelson served in the Army during the Korean War. His grandson Michael Joseph Butka, currently serving his country since 1999, was stationed at the the same base  at Osan, South Korea during one of his deployments. These men are two of my family that gallantly fought for our  freedom. Nelson is my father and Michael is my son. In honor of them and all service men and women I salute you.

Thank you for your service and bravery.


Please help me identify these bunk mates of my Dad during his 1953 tour of Duty in Osan, South Korea.


Hugging our son goodbye as he left on his recent deployment. 
Photo courtesy of Fred Schottler


In remembrance of all that gave the ultimate sacrifice, I post this in your honor.
You are not forgotten.

From one loving Mom to all children, no matter what your age that are serving. 

I am sending Hugs to all of you protecting our basic right to Freedom. Thank you. Be Safe. Be Brave. Be Proud. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2013 June Stearns Butka. All rights reserved.